Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I Made It

I am very happy to report that I made it through yesterday evening and night without my cell phone.  It wasn't all that hard.  True, I had other forms of communication available - mainly, the computer - but it wasn't as big of an ordeal as I thought it would be.  I watched the two hour Dancing With The Stars show, and while I was watching I played some games on my netbook, but I didn't keep tabs on email or Facebook during the evening.  And I survived.  I even wrote a couple of cards for friends and mailed them today.  I think I might start a cell phone-free night every week. 

And to give me a come-uppance, I was expecting to see countless missed phone calls and text messages when I got back to work this morning and got to my phone.  There were only two texts - both of them from Weather Bug telling me the forecast for the next six hours.  I guess I'm not as popular or important as I thought I was. 

No comments: