Friday, November 2, 2012

Flashback Friday

I ran into an old friend tonight and when they greeted me, they said "Hey, gal." As soon as I heard it, I thought of an old friend of the family, Jimmy J.  Everytime he saw me, he would greet me the same way with a hearty, smiling "Hey, gal."  He died 6 or 7 years ago, but we still miss him and his smiling face.  I don't think I ever saw him when he wasn't smiling. 

It's interesting how things and people come full circle in our lives.  Jimmy J lived about 5 minutes away from us, and way back in the day, Mom and Dad would give him a ride to work every now and then.  It wasn't until I was in my early teens that I got to meet Jimmy J - his twin daughters went to our church and we played softball together.  It wasn't until then when we put two and two together and realized that we all knew each other. 

It's just cool how someone will say something to us that will trigger a personal flashback. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohh, It´s ...powerful emotional memories.
Now, I´m think...(my dog, my fish, my granddad, grandma, friends of my family, and many peoples[animals]...It´s so melancholic, but I remember that often with simle)