Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I just got home from a weekly meeting with the women's group at church (WOWS, for short), and on the 35 minute trip home all I could think of was how thankful I was. When our session was over, the leader asked if anyone had any prayer requests or concerns they wanted to share with the group. I'm not exaggerating when I say that just about everyone in attendance spoke up and shared some type of tragedy or illness. I was very thankful that right now in my life, I didn't have any thing "bad" going on. The 'Rents and I are fine health-wise, I still have a job, and I'm happy to be able to go back to school. But woman after woman raised her hand and told of a sister who was just diagnosed with ovarian cancer; three co-workers diagnosed with breast cancer; a husband who has to have open-heart surgery next week; a neighbor who is just 35 years old and on life-support at the hospital; a 12 year old girl diagnosed with leukemia. I could go on with each of the prayer requests that were made tonight but I think you get the picture. So on the way home I prayed for each of the people mentioned, and thanked the Lord for the health and happiness of my family, friends, and me.

1 comment:

Toots said...

Good health is easily taken for granted. We are both very blessed right now for sure.