Friday, July 24, 2009

Flashback Friday



First of all , I would like to apologize for not posting yesterday. There were major technical difficulties here in bloggerdom, and I wasn't able to post through the computer nor through my cell phone. Now, on to Flashback Friday.

When I was a kid one of my favorite snacks was potato sticks. I would walk two doors down to the little store and peel a dime for a small can of them. They were cheaper than a bag of potato chips or a candy bar. Plus to me, it seemed like you got more for your money with a can of potato sticks than a bag of potato chips that was puffed full of air.

Anyhoo, potato sticks were one of my favorite cheap treats. Whenver Grandma or Grandpa or the 'Rents would go to the store and would ask if they could get me anything for a treat, I always told them potato sticks. And of course, they would always bring me a can.

Just this week I was thining about how it had been years since I had some potato sticks so I went up to Krogers to pick up a can. Imagine my disappointment when they didn't have any. Never fear, though - I found a can tonight in a small mom and pop grocery store. Only they were 93 cents a can and not a dime like back in the day. I didn't care what they cost. If they'd been five bucks a can I would have paid it, just because I wanted them.









No comments: