Monday, July 6, 2009

Let The Harvesting Begin

I know some of you will not believe this, but I actually worked in a real garden today - not a virtual garden at Farmtown, but the garden here at The Compound. I picked some yellow squash and some zucchini to use for bartering with a friend for some awesome homemade bagels. The 'Rents didn't trust me to pick beans, given my accidental tendency to step on other plants that are in close proximity to the beans, but they figured it would be safe for me to go to the back of the garden and pick squash.

The 'Rents picked the first bushel of green beans this morning, and as I type this, they're in the kitchen canning the beans right now. I think this would be the perfect time for me to go to my room and do some studying. It's much safer for all involved.

No comments: