Friday, August 22, 2008

Tour de Cure Eve

It's hard to believe that in less then twelve hours, I will be on my bicycle and on my way to pedaling 15 miles.  The new Old School bike is ready for the ride, but we did have some issues today.  First of all I had to go to the bike shop to buy a bar to hook onto the bike to get it onto the carrier on the back of my Blazer.  When I got home, the next task was to take my big comfortable seat on my old bike and put it on the Old School bike.  But we had some issues getting the post off of the Old School bike and ended up dropping it down into the frame of the bike.  So off I went on a second trip to the bike shop.  I had to go there again anyway because they were going to put on the speedometer because I didn't have the patience to do it myself, so it wasn't like I was making another trip.  I dropped off the bike and the shop owner, Larry (who looks like George Jefferson) said he'd call me when it was fixed.  Of course I switched to panic mode and took half of a Xanax to calm myself down.  He called at about 5:00 and I went back up to the bike shop for the third time today to pick it up.  But as of now, it's still on the carrier, bungee corded and locked with my stainless steel cable and ready for the trip to E.P. Tom Sawyer Park tomorrow for the Tour de Cure.  I'm very happy to report that I raised $800 for the American Diabetes Association.

I'm off to bed now so I can get a good night's sleep before getting up at 5:30 to head on out for the ride.  I've got my Camelback hydration system ready to be filled with ice cubes and water, and more importantly, my iPod is charged up and ready to play me some good jams tomorrow while I pedal.  Thanks again for your support and encouragement, and I will keep you posted.

No comments: