Friday, August 29, 2008

Flashback Friday

                  

For the past few years at the Bats games and at various concerts, I've run into brothers Bill and John Keeling.  By day, they are both officers for LMPD, and by night they still have one of the better cover bands in Louisville, Caribou.  I stopped to talk to them a couple of weeks ago at a Bats game, and we started reminiscing about a gig they played back in 1980.  It was at the state FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) convention here in the 'Ville, and yours truly was President of the chapter at my school.  Both of them said how they remembered that gig, and how it was in their top-ten gigs of all time.  One of the brothers said that they almost didn't get paid because the manager had to tell them four times to turn the sound down. 

I told them that I had a picture at home in a photo album taken of the three of us at that concert back in 1980, and how we were all that back in the day.  They said they'd love to see the picture, so that night after the ballgame I ran down to the basement and found the picture.  I'm hoping to see them Sunday or Monday at the Bats game and can give them a copy of the three hotties from back in the day.  And I don't know who had bigger hair - me or John Keeling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the tie.......you're one sharp looking cookie