Saturday, August 30, 2008

Notorius P.U.D.D.I.N.

Whenever I ride my bike on Saturday mornings, I usually will see at least twenty cyclists out on the bike path.  Everyone is friendly and they always say hello, and when I stop at my mid-way point and sit on the park bench while I have some water, it never fails that cyclists that pass by me will stop and ask if everything is okay.  Today while having my water break, a group of three cyclists whizzed by me.  I was getting ready to make a call on my cell phone when I noticed they turned around and were coming back toward me.  As they got within ear shot, one of the cyclists asked if I rode in the Tour de Cure last Saturday.  I proudly told him that in deed I did.  He said that they were members of the Louisville Bicycle Club, and they talked to some other members that also rode in the tour.  For a second, I thought that it was just coincidental that he asked if I rode in the Tour.  But then he said something that almost made me fall off of the park bench.  He said that the club members that also rode in the Tour last Saturday had told them about a woman who rode an old school mint condition Schwinn bike in the tour, and who finished all 15 hilly miles without gears.  I told him "Yep, that's me." 

We chatted for a couple of minutes and before they pedaled off, they invited me to join the Louisville Bicycle Club and gave me an application.  I doubt if I'll join, but I was honored that they invited me.  And for a few minutes, I felt notorius.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!  I think that is awesome!