Friday, August 15, 2008

Just Keep The Cake

I'm a bit disappointed to report that the Margarita cake and Mom's bourbon balls didn't win any ribbons at the fair.  But my cake is next to the blue ribbon winning cake in my category, though, so at least lots of people should see my cake.  But I'm not really disappointed - I'm happy that I actually made a cake and entered it in the fair.  If you'd told me six months ago that I would bake a cake and enter it in the fair I would have said you were crazy.  But since this is the year for trying new things, it all falls into place.  I'm already thinking about any slight changes I want to make to the cake recipe for next year, so I will try again.  Thanks again for your encouragement and support. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a winner just for trying something new!