Thursday, August 21, 2008

Let's Kick It Old School

                   

A few months ago, the 'Rents promised that they would buy me a new bike when I reached the 50 pound loss mark.  I'm still a couple of pounds shy but this week while I've been off, we went shopping and yesterday they bought me the old school bike that I've been wanting.  It's hard to believe but this was the only women's bike in the entire shop that didn't have gears.  It was made in 1963 and has been completely restored.  The shop owner restored it hisself, and he guaranteed that it is in better shape than it was on the day it left the Schwinn factory.  I told him that I'd been riding 10 miles a day and he said I would be able to ride 20 with this bike since it was lighter weight.  He was right.  I just now got back from my first ride on it and breezed through my 7 mile route with ease.  This afternoon, we'll swap out seats and put my big padded seat on the old school bike and I'll ride it Saturday in the Tour de Cure.

 

No comments: