Thursday, May 29, 2008

Wasn't That Supposed To Be Funny?

I was relaxing tonight after taking my bath and decided to watch "Last Comic Standing".  I watched last season's shows, and thought this season's comics would be just as funny.  Boy, was I wrong.  I listened and watched over 20 so-called comedians, and I only laughed one time during the entire show.  The only funny joke was from a comedian who was talking about the self check-out lanes at the grocery stores.  He made a comment about how he picked out the food and was checking hisself out, and asked if he needed to stock the shelves when he was finished checking hisself out.  Well, I thought it was funny, and it was the only time I cracked a smile during the show.

"Last Comic Standing" went off, and I was engrossed in my magazine and kept half-listening to "The Office", which came on next.  Some friends have raved on and on about the show, telling me how funny it was, so I thought it would have to be funnier than "Last Comic Standing."  Wrong again.  I didn't smile or laugh the entire show.  Maybe it's just me tonight; maybe I'm a tough sell when it comes to laughter.  But the only funny thing I saw during "The Office" was a new commercial for American Express starring Ellen DeGeneres.  It just hasn't been a funny night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Office is definitely an acquired taste.  Steve Carell's brand of humor is very, very funny but also very peculiar.