Thursday, May 8, 2008

Gas Price Update

Yesterday was another tear jerker at the gas pumps.  Before we left work, a co-worker's wife called to let him know gas had gone up almost a quarter in their neighborhood.  So he and I both stopped on the way home at a convenience store that us usually the last to raise their prices, and boy we felt "lucky" to get gas for $3.64 a gallon, when just a block away it was $3.86.  Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined being excited over getting gas for just $3.64 a gallon. 

Last night, I made a comment about wanting to get online and look up what the current gas prices were around Las Vegas so I would have an idea what I would have to pay to fill up our rental car.  Dad said "Why?  Whatever it is you'll pay it."  He's got a point there.  Incidentally, gas is Las Vegas is averaging about a dime cheaper than here.  Whoopee. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's hell isn't it?  If we don't get the oil guys out of office, what's it going to be next year?