Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Historic Day At The Compound

I had so many great things happen to me yesterday - I don't know where to start. 

First of all, after supper last night, Mom Flipped The Switch and turned on the air conditioning.  It wasn't that hot, but I sure was glad she turned it on so I can sleep with my window closed and not have to listen to all of the traffic and birds chirping.  This year's episode was the easiest yet; well, not as easy as last year when I didn't have to say anything.  Last night, the only thing I said was when I asked if they were going to turn the a/c on before we left for The Trip on Sunday morning.  Imagine my surprise when I got back from running an errand with Dad and heard the gentle hum of the a/c unit out beside the house. 

Second, my economic stimulus rebate check was direct deposited yesterday afternoon.  More money for me to help stimulate the economy in Las Vegas next week.  The Treasury Department sure wants us to have a good time next week, don't they?

The third awesome thing that happened yesterday requires some background first.  A few weeks ago during supper, Mom said to Dad "Do you want to tell her the news or do you want me to?"  Immediately, I thought it was something catastrophic.  Dad said "Let me tell her" as he was smiling proudly.  He said "For doing go great on your new healthy lifestyle changes, we've got something for you. It's something that every girl wants."  I said "You got me a Corvette?"  They said no.  I said "You found me a sugar daddy?" Once again, they said no.  Mom said "We got you a pony!"  They were right - it's something every girl wants.  Only this pony isn't mine to keep; we're just borrowing her for the summer.  Our neighbors four houses up raise and show quarter-horses, and they have a pony that belongs to their little boy.  The kid doesn't fool with the pony much anymore, so they're going to let us borrow her this summer to keep the grass chewed down in the back field.  So yesterday when I came home from work, there in the back were our new tenants Ginger the pony and Skip the 30 year-old Palimino horse.  They're both very gentle, and took a liking to us quickly.  I'll post pictures as soon as I can get them to pose. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are one lucky girl