Thursday, May 22, 2008

Gas Price Update

I was thankful that I had 3/4 of a tank of gas today and didn't have to stop and fill up because today on my way home from work it would have cost me $4.00 per gallon here in the 'Ville.  Yep, that is an all time high.  This weekend it was at $3.99 but today it went to the $4 threshhold. 

I'm fired up about it, as are most Americans, but yet there's not much I can do about it.  I can either pay whatever the price is per gallon and continue to drive or I can choose not to pay it.  As I've said before, I enjoy exercising to lose weight but I'm not that fond of walking and bike riding.

I did have an epiphany today at work.  Mark my words -- sometime in the very near future, on the local evening news, we're going to start hearing about shiester mechanics who claim to be able to put some super device on your car that will enable you to get better gas milage.  It's just a matter of time before the high gas prices bring out the shiesters.  You heard it from me first.  If some device or mechanism sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stopped on the way home and bought $45 in gas, which gave me about 3/4 of a tank.  I was stewing about it and then as I was flipping through the phone book to order pizza for the four of us (and whatever kids happen to be here at the time) I decided to close the phone book, go to the basement and get two frozen pizzas, doctor them up, and save the $25 I would normally spend and stop sulking.  

It worked.