Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day 4

As I type this, I'm sitting in the lobby of our hotel looking out the doors at the London Bridge.  Yes, the London Bridge.  It's in beautiful Lake Havasu City, Arizona.  The 'Rents and I can now say that we have walked across London Bridge and for the record it was not falling down. 

Yesterday morning when we left Las Vegas and headed for Red Rock Canyon, it was in the low 60's with winds of about 40 mph.  Needless to say, we didn't bring jackets because when I was in Vegas in May 4 years ago, the temps were over 100 every day.  It figures they have a freak cold spell when we're here.  As we drove on through Red Rock Canyon, the winds were so strong that we only got out of the car 3 times to take pictures.  It warmed up when we got to Laughlin, and today in Lake Havasu City, it's in the low 90's.  Even though I hate hot weather and love my a/c, I have to say that I truly love the desert.  It's just gorgeous, and the layout of the land truly amazes me. 

This afternoon, we've been pampering ourselves and resting.  We were able to check into the hotel early and have been resting in our gigantic suite and as I type this, Dad is taking the first turn in the jacuzzi tub.  As soon as I post this I'm heading back upstairs and wait for my turn.

For updates on gas here in Arizona and Nevada, I put half a tank in our rental car this morning and it was $3.79 a gallon.  In Needles, AZ we saw it for $4.79.  Ouch.  But as I said, I don't like the heat and it sure beats the alternative of walking through the desert pulling my suitecase on wheels.

No comments: