Monday, May 12, 2008

Day 2

Day 2 of The Trip started extremely early.  Dad was yelling through the connecting door from their room at about 6:30 this morning.  Not 6:30 Louisville time, but 6:30 Las Vegas time.  Never mind it was after 1:00 Las Vegas time when we went to bed.  But I managed to get dressed and drag myself next door to the awesome Barbary Coast for my traditional steak and eggs.  We walked up The Strip a few blocks and are now back in our rooms resting up for our afternoon adventure.  It's partly sunny and in the low 80's today - perfect walking weather.  But I'm going to take a nap in my nice frigid a/c cooled room instead.

Last night, I took Mom to see Cher at Caesar's Palace for Mother's Day.  I honestly don't know who enjoyed the show more - me or Mom.  It was pretty spectacular with 17 costume changes.  I have to say that the highlight of the concert was when Cher appeared on stage wearing a floor-length Indian headdress and sang "Half Breed."  I could have right then and got my money's worth.

Speaking of money, we're doing pretty good on the slot machines.  We haven't quite won enough for the high def TV that we want, but it's a start.

 

No comments: