Saturday, May 10, 2008

Vacation Eve

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go.  Sorry - that's a line from an old Peter, Paul and Mary song "Leaving On A Jet Plane."  But our bags are packed and we are ready to go on The Trip.  We'll be up at about 5:00 in the morning and if Southwest Airlines cooperates, we'll be having our Sunday lunch at the Le Village Buffet at the Paris hotel in Las Vegas. 

I was up at 7:00 this morning to print out our boarding passes, only to find out that I couldn't print the 'Rents' passes because they got a cheaper senior citizen price.  So after much discussion, as soon  as they finished their cereal I loaded them up and we headed to the airport to get their boarding passes and to get their age verified so this snafu won't happen again.  It took longer to park the car then it took at the Southwest ticket counter.  But I digress.  After we took care of that, we had a cup of coffee and shopped at one of the gift shops that had luggage on sale for 75% off.  I got an extremely cool purple carry-on bag and bought Dad a cool small black messenger bag so he can carry his own camera and bottle of water.  So the snafu turned into a very nice morning.

When I'm not able to get an internet connection, I'll text updates to TWIT so you, my faithful readers, will know where we are and what we're doing.  When I return, I'll go more into detail and give you the trip highlights. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you and the 'rents will have a wonderful time!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful morning, hope you all enjoy the trip!  God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Yes, have a wonderful time and think of us poor working stiffs.