Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Spring Cleaning In The Fall

It's been a rough week, faithful readers.  Yes, I know it's Wednesday. And we had Monday off for the holiday.  But it's still been a rough week here at The Compound.  Why, you ask?  We've been doing our spring cleaning in the fall.  We have four relatives arriving just three short weeks from today, and they'll be here at The Compound for a week and a half.  So this past weekend, we kicked it into high gear and are cleaning and moving furinture and beds around for our houseguests.  And the 'rents are working me like a field hand.  It's not that they didn't care that I have a sinus infection and can hardly breathe; they just wanted me to keep on working in between sneezes and sniffles. 

We started on the living room, aka the music room, this past weekend.  We cleared away and hauled things to the basement to make room for one of the twin beds.  Let me be the first to tell you that there are only so many spaces you can hide, er, put, 8 guitar cases of varying sizes.  Then Mom had a brilliant idea - put the twin beds on risers, and use a dust ruffle and a full-size bedspread to cover up the bottom so we can put some of the guitars under the beds.  Good thinking, Mom. 

Then we moved to the back bedroom, aka the computer room.  This will take the most work, mainly because most of my CDs, diskettes, and various computer accessories are back there, neatly stacked in piles around the computer desk.  So I took a well deserved break to give you a report on what's going on here at The Compound.  But it's back to work now; I think I'll be making a few more trips down to the basement to stack my neat piles of stuff down there.  I just pray they don't want to clean up the basement or I'm in trouble.  I guess I could always rent one of those PODs. 

No comments: