Tuesday, September 11, 2007

New Appliance Day At The Compound

                                        

It's a happy day here at The Compound; not just because it was sunny and the temperatures never got above 80, but because new refrigerator was delivered today.  Friday evening, Mom decided that she didn't really want potato salad popsicles for supper, so she made the executive decision that the time had come for a new fridge.  So Saturday morning, she and I made the trek downtown to an awesome store called Bargain Supply Center.  They have great prices on everything in the store, including major appliances, plus the store manager is an old friend of the family.  Dad was down in his back, so the responsibility was on our shoulders. I really didn't care what they bought, but Mom informed me that since they were spending part of my inheritance, it was only fair that I got to pick out the new fridge.  Their only prerequisite was that it wasn't stainless steel, and that the freezer was on the bottom.  The GE model in the above picture was the first one our friend showed us, and it was love at first sight, if you believe in love at first sight with appliances. 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol ~ didn't know the freezers still came on the bottom......Mercy I live in the boonies......

Anonymous said...

Bottom freezers are making a big comeback.  I see them all the time on HGTV and all the remodeling shows I watch.  Anything retro seems to be in high style once again.