Wednesday, September 12, 2007

More Non-Words Overheard At Work

1.  Sall - "I sall a big wreck on my way home from work."

2.  Genesis - not used in the normal context of the first book in the Old Testament. "I sall that in the Genesis Book of World Records."

3.  Preception - synonymous to an impression. "We want their first preception of our products to be positive, not negative."

4.  Insignificant - "The check bounced because of insignificant funds."

5.  Napoleon - not the French military leader, but the chocolate, vanilla and strawberry striped ice cream.  "I can't decide which flavor I like best in the Napoleon ice cream."

6.  Wreched - "I wreched up through the tree but my arm wasn't long enough to get the apple."

7.  Altimers - "I heard that Tom's mother is in a nursing home with Altimers."

8.  Resume - "The news said that the coroner is going to resume the body to get a DNA sample."

9.  Suppose-ofly - "She supposeofly graduated from high school, but she sure can't spell."

10. Pacific - not the ocean on the West coast of the U.S. "Are you here for a pacific reason?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterdee  - "I had fun at the track yesterdee."

Anonymous said...

Another one that I sometimes hear:  Wrench - That bleach is fine if you wrench it out real good.