Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Fall Cleaning Update

The sand has almost run out of the hourglass, and the arrival of The Relatives is just one week away.  Yes, in one short week kinfolk from California and Alabama will descend upon The Compound for 8 days.  The ice maker has been hooked up and is cranking out the ice cubes, and in a few days the new fridge will be stocked with food to feed the crowd.  The carpets have been cleaned, as well as the recliners and the couch, and the first thing we're going to do is tell The Relatives to take their shoes off and make sure there's nothing on the seat of their pants before they get comfy.  There's just a little bit of tidying up to do in the computer room, but other than that we're ready for their arrival.  Three will be arriving next Wednesday afternoon, and one more will get here Thursday afternoon, so hopefully the staggering will help the Rents and I get used to having twice as many people here in the house. 

In addition to spending time with The Relatives, I'm also looking forward to time off from work.  Yes, I'm taking a well-deserved vacation.  I'll be off from work next Wednesday through the following Wednesday.  It's hard to believe I'll be off for an entire eight days.  I honestly don't know what I'm looking more forward to - visiting with my family or being on vacation.  But never fear - just because I'm on vacation doesn't mean I'll be a total slacker; I'll still be reporting in to TWIT every day like I always do.  You can count on some interesting stories, too.  For, you see, The Relatives are from the side of the family where they put "fun" in "dysfunctional."

No comments: