Saturday, September 29, 2007

The $36 Dish Soap

I let the 'Rents read yesterday's TWIT entry, and almost simultaneously, they said "You didn't mention about the $36 bottle of dish soap."  I had hoped they wouldn't bring it up, but since they did, I felt compelled to let you all in the know. 

As I mentioned, it cost a total of $36 for the three of us to get into yesterday's Country Living Fair.  The brochure stated there would be "samples galore".  Well we sure couldn't find them if they were there.  But we did find one freebie -- a booth was giving away full-size bottles of new Dawn dish soap.  Not being one to pass up a freebie, I elbowed my way to the table and snagged my bottle of soap.  And let me say, I used it last night to wash the supper dishes.  So there you have it - the story of the $36 bottle of dish soap.  I agree - it's not a very interesting story, but the 'Rents wanted me to add that to yesterday's account of the Trip From Hell. 

No comments: