Sunday, September 9, 2007

Link Of The Week

You probably don't know this about me, but I love the blues.  I'm a huge B.B. King fan, and one of my favorite t-shirts in my collection is a B.B. King Blues Festival t-shirt that is faded and almost falling apart at the seams.  You haven't heard the blues until you're heard B.B. and Lucille tell us "the thrill is gone." 

As I've mentioned before, I had my own band, and have had the priviledge to sing in a few other bands.  I've sang country, rock, alternative, oldies, hard rock and just about any other genre of music you can think of.  But one type I never sang was the blues.  Why?  Because I just can't sing it right.  This week, I found a site that will help me and others struggling to sing the blues.  Visit http://www.bluesguide.com and you can get tips on how to sing the blues properly.  But if you're a stickler to the guide, than chances are you'll never be able to sing the blues unless you make some big changes.  Check out the site and you'll know what I mean.

No comments: