Friday, August 16, 2024

Flashback Friday

 The Kentucky State Fair started yesterday.  I think it's pretty cool that this is the 120th state fair, and that Kentucky has 120 counties.  But I digress.  I can't help but think back to my trips to the fair and what fun I had.  

I would usually go at least a couple of times during the ten-day run of the fair.  The 'Rents and I would go one day; if the family next door went, they would take me with them.  Later on, I would go two or three times to see the free concerts.  When The 'Rents lost interest in the fair, Diva Stacy and I would go, usually on opening day. 

It's been five years since I've been to the fair. The only thing I really miss about not going to the fair is the food.  Corn dogs never tasted as good as they were at the fair.  

No comments: