Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Monday, Monday

 The Old Man and I had a different type of Monday yesterday. As soon as we got up, we started watching Queen Elizabeth's funeral.  Both of us were glued to the TV until the coverage ended after noon.  It was grand - that's the only word I can use to describe it.  We were so impressed with the processional all (key word) stepping/marching in perfect step.  And then at the commital service, I was blown away when one of the commentators said that there was a diamond in the royal scepter that was 500 carats.  

After we peeled ourselves up from the recliners and took off our pajamas, we didn't do much.  We were both ready to doze off later in the afternoon when we heard a huge thud that shook the house.  At first, we thought another car ran off the road and landed in our front yard.  But luckily, it was "only" a huge, long limb from the neighbor's tree that had fallen and landed on the phone line.  I checked the phone and it was working fine, but just out of precaution, I called AT&T and asked them to send someone out to check the line.  Let me preface by saying that AT&T calls here no less than twice a day, trying to sell me some upgraded service; I was on hold for 45 minutes before I got to speak to an actual person.  She was very helpful and fast, and said that a repairman would be out today between 8 am and 6 pm.  She sure was right; when the Old Man and I got up this morning at about 8:15, the repairman was out in the driveway fixing the line.  

Now to just sit back and wait for something to happen today.  Not.  

No comments: