Thursday, September 15, 2022

I Don't Blame Him One Bit

 I'd say King Charles handled this better than I would have.  

Charles loses his temper after fountain pen leaks on his finger

King Charles had a run-in with a leaky pen during his visit to Northern Ireland on Sepmtber 13.

The new monarch was taking part in a signing ceremony at Hillsborough Castle when his writing utensil suddenly burst.

He also had to ask for the date, perhaps a sign of the pressure he has been under this past week and the whirlwind of public events and duties he has upheld since the death of his mother.

The pen exchange was captured on video.

‘Is it September 12th?’, the King asked an assistant. He then added: ‘Oh god, I’ve put the wrong date down. Oh god, I hate this pen.’

The King quickly stood as the pen seemingly leaked ink all over his fingers.

‘It’s going everywhere,’ Camilla the Queen Consort added as a new pen was hastily sourced.

The King was then heard saying: ‘I can’t bear this bloody thing… every stinking time.’

An aide then darted over to retrieve the leaky pen while the King wiped away ink with a handkerchief.

No comments: