Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Troublesome Tuesday

 For two days, I'd planned to take the Old Man out to dinner tonight.  He's been feeling pretty good and getting around pretty good.  We were pulling out of the driveway when he as-a-matter-of-factly told me "looks like we have a water leak.  There's water in our ditch."   Needless to say that is all I could think of during our dinner.  He enjoyed his meal, but I sure didn't - for just thinking about what I would have to deal with when I get home.  I still am going to have to take some indigestion meds when I finish posting this..  But I digress.

We stopped about a block from our home, and started looking and then we saw where water was coming out, and through the wonders of gravity, it was flowing downhill to our ditch.  I breathed a huge sigh of relief that it wasn't on me.   

When I changed clothes and before I started this post, I filled up two big pitchers of water just in case the water company has to do some work and cut off the water.  I filled the pitcher use for our morning coffee, too.  So we are good just in case.

Not I can sit on the couch and relax. 

No comments: