Sunday, May 22, 2022

Sorta Screwed Up Weekend

Saturday started out great.  No drama at The Compound until supper time on Saturday.  

We had a freaky wind storm pop up just when we were deciding on what we wanted to get for carryout for supper.  The wind was so bad, that we were honestly one step away from heading down to the basement.  Luckily we had no damage here with trees, but I digress.  Before the heavy rains came, we decided to just doctor up a frozen pizza and have that.  Let me tell you, the pizza was perfect - it rivaled anything you'd get at one of the fast-food pizza joints.  Then the bottom fell out, literally.  As I was trying to put the pizza in the oven, it fell front-first to the bottom of the hot oven.  I immediately turned the oven off, scraped off what I could and then went to plan B -- go up to our favorite pizza place, Bonnie and Clydes, who luckily weren't very busy and we got our pizza quick. 

Then I got a spatula and scraped off what I could from the bottom of the oven, and this morning I went to the store and got a can of Easy Off (No Fumes, so the can says).  But after cleaning today and making a pot of taco soup, I was not in the mood to do any oven cleaning.  So it will wait till later.


No comments: