Friday, October 26, 2018

What A Great Day This Turned Out To Be

This morning's ride to work was Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.  It was misting, slightly foggy, and my wiper blades were beyond help.  As soon as I pulled out of my driveway, I just said Jesus take the wheel.  

On the way home from work I stopped at an O'Reily's Auto Parts and got some new wiper blades.  I sprung for the deluxe Rain-X edition, as was recommended by several coworkers.  I paid the blades and turned to leave the store, when the twenty-something (or possibly younger) clerk asked me if I would like for him to put the blades on.  I told him heck yes.  And it took him longer to open the package of blades than it took for him to put them on. 

He went on to say that he enjoys helping the customers by putting on wiper blades and installing batteries, while the older clerks just want to stand behind the cash register.  

As soon as I got home, I called the store and spoke to the manager and put in a good word for this kid.  His mama and daddy sure raised him right.  

No comments: