Thursday, October 11, 2018

This, Too, Did Not Go As I Planned

As I type this, I am truly sick to my stomach over a dear friend's daughter losing her home in Hurricane Michael.  Her boyfriend also lost his home, too.  I actually cried when I heard that they both slept last night in their car because they couldn't go anywhere.  

I know, I know -- everyone will be saying "at least you all are ok" and that is first and foremost.  But they both still lost their homes.  

My friend's great-granddaughter has a major soft spot in my heart, and in the heart of my SF's.  She was born two months premature and there were a few times when they thought she wouldn't make it.  But thanks to the Lord, she is now thriving and in second grade.  Her grandmother sent her up to Dothan, AL a few days ago before Michael hit so she would be safe.  

I talked to some of the SFs today and we will do all we can to make sure that the sweet little girl gets her toys, clothes, and her beloved cowboy boots replaced.  I'm not saying that to brag or draw attention to us;  we just love that little girl like she was our own.  She's been through more in her short life than any other child should have to go through, so we want to make sure she is taken care of while her grandma tries to rebuild everything that was torn apart yesterday. 

No comments: