Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Winter Weather Update

We had snow flurries with huge snowflakes for the past two days, and it never amounted to much.  But this morning we awoke to maybe a half an inch of snow and the Jefferson County Public School (JCPS) system was closed today.  Every parent I spoke with at work today was shaking their heads in amazement.  But I digress.

When I left for work this morning, the temp was 16 degrees.  When I left work and came home this evening, the temp was 20 degrees.  Not much of a warm up today.  And for the next week plus, they are calling for lows of the teens to single digits.  But it is still winter, and we (I) shouldn't be all that amazed.  I just keep thinking back to those two days in  December when the temps were in the mid-70's and we had the a/c on here at The Compound. 

Nuff said. 

No comments: