Monday, November 10, 2008

It's That Time Of The Year

During the past couple of weeks, the temperature has gotten noticably cooler. Correction: colder. I've worn jackets to work for the past couple of weeks, but today was The Day -- it was the day that I got out a winter coat and gloves before heading out to work. Yep, you heard me right - Puddin wore her winter coat today. And I sure was glad I had it on.

A few weeks ago, I was talking to someone about winter coats, and I told them how pumped I was because most of my heavier coats were too big for me to wear this winter. I tried them on and finally found one that fit pretty good. I'd told myself that I would make do with the coats I had; I wasn't going to peel for a new winter coat this year, with the intention and hope that it, too, would be too big next winter. I did some digging in the basement and came up with a decent fitting Sunday coat, a heavy coat, and an every day coat that would get me through the winter. It was times like these that I was happy that I never threw clothes away. But I digress.

As I said earlier, I sure was glad I had on a heavy coat and gloves this morning, because it was cold. It was 33 degrees when I left for work this morning and I'm not ashamed to say I was cold. Yes, I said I was cold. I know, I know -those are two words you will almost never hear me say.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I am thankful for the milder temps in Maryland, but 50s feels chilly to me. Glad you were able to find a coat that fit you for this Winter!