Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Whole Level Of Multi-Tasking

I was driving back on the interstate from a quick trip to the big Snooty McSnoot East End Mall yesterday afternoon, when a car to the left of me caught my eye.  The lady driving the car was reading a book while she was driving.  Yes, reading a book.  While she was driving.

I'd heard stories from people saying that they saw someone reading while they were driving, but I thought they were just exaggerating until I witnessed it myself yesterday afternoon. She had the book propped up on the steering wheel, and was reading and turning pages as she drove. 

My first instinct was to grab my cell phone and take a picture of her, but then I thought I would be no better than her.  So I did what any law-abiding citizen would do; I called 911 and reported her.  I gave a 100% dead-on description of the car and driver, including license plate (thanks to my near-photographic memory) and gave them the exact location of her car as she was getting off on an exit ramp.  I can only hope that a cop pulled her over. 

No comments: