Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

We preempt today's regularly scheduled Link Of The Week to wish my Dad and all of the Dads out there a very happy Father's Day.

Our Father's Day got off to a very wild start here at The Compound.  The 'Rents were up at their usual 6:00 like they always do on Sunday morning, and I got up at my usual time about 45 minutes later. Only I didn't need the alarm clock to wake me up; the very loud sound of thunder woke me.  It was still as dark as night, and the thunder got stronger, and as soon as I turned on to the news, the weatherazzi were already in high gear.  There was severe weather headed right for us.  They said it would hit in about an hour, so we all made the good decision to stay home from church and I hopped into the shower and got clean and had a nice hair-do in case we got blown away.  We hated to miss church but we made the right decision, because it hit right when we would have been about half-way to church. 

We didn't have much damage to The Compound, other than the wind blowing open one of the windows in the family room and scaring the life out us and the corn in the garden getting bent over, so once again, the Lord was protecting us -- because less than a half mile from The Compound, it started looking like a war zone, with very large trees uprooted and snapped in two. 

But Dad had a great time at the Bats game last night, and he had one of his most favorite dinners, the Beef Burrito Deluxe Enchilada Style from Tumbleweed, and now he's in his recliner doing one of his favorite things, watching the Cincinnati Reds play ball.

Thanks again to my Heavenly Father for watching over us here at The Compound and keeping us safe from the severe storms, and thanks to my earthly Father for keeping me safe, and for having my back and for teaching me by example about unconditional love.

No comments: