Wednesday, June 22, 2011

While My Guitar Gently Weeps


I was sitting here at the computer just minutes ago, trying to decide what to write about tonight, when Mom came back to the computer room and got down on the floor and was looking for a box that was stored under the bed.  She pulled out a dusty guitar case and opened it up and got out my beloved banana pudding yellow Fender Stratocaster.  She grabbed a rag and dusted it off, and sat on the bed with the Strat in her lap, just like she was going to play it.  She solemnly said "I'd give anything if you would pay your guitars again."
Yep, it cut me like a knife.  I've got 7 guitars that are in cases that are just gathering dust because I don't play them anymore. 

So after having this major epiphany tonight, I've decided that I am going to trim my fingernails back and start playing again.  I've been given the gift of music, and over the years have been able to use the talent that I've been blessed with, and I have to say that I have missed it.  I never would admit it to myself or anyone else, but I have in deed missed playing.  Other things just got in the way.  But not anymore.  As soon as this is posted, I'm going to get the manicure tools out and trim my fingernails and pick up the guitar tonight.

No comments: