Friday, June 3, 2011

Flashback Friday

From various blog posts over the years, you already know that I love gadgets.  And you also know that I usually have to buy a new gadget as soon as it comes out.  This isnt something that just started happening; it goes back to when I was a teenager.  Back in the day, I saved up I dont know how many books of Top Value stamps and bought a frozen pizza cooker.  Yep, a pizza cooker.

Grandma and I had seen one on an episode of “The Price Is Right” and we knew we had to have it. We enjoyed frozen pizzas and while the trusty old metal pizza pan did just fine, we wanted one of the fancy pizza cookers because, well, it was something new. Our cooker was a far cry from the frozen pizza cookers today; most of them have a carousel that turns the pizza around to ensure even cooking. From the picture above, you can see that ours looked similar to an electric skillet with a cover.



I didn’t have to wait too long before I had enough books of stamps to get our pizza cooker. As soon as we got home with it, we had to try it out. Much to our dismay, the first pizza was cooked a bit too long. It wasn’t burnt, and it was still edible, but it was far from the perfectly baked frozen pizza. We tried again and after a few more times of trial and error, we nailed it. We used that pizza cooker until it wore out.