Sunday, May 1, 2011

Link Of The Week

I've developed a love-hate relationship with Facebook.  I don't feel like getting into the reasons I hate it, but will say that the main reason I love it is because I've been able to keep in touch with a few people that were very important in my life when I was a young adult.  One of them, TG, will always be one of my favorite people in the whole world.  He became a part of our family when he was working at our old church.  He then moved to Honolulu, and now is living in California. I will be eternally grateful to TG because he is the one that taught me to love the North Carolina Tar Heels.  But I digress.  This is a "Link of the Week" post, not a tribute. Well, it's both. 

TG's has been helping his brother with a charity fundraiser for a scholarship fund in memory of TG's nephew. When I found out about this, I was only too happy to help out.  They're having a golf tournament next week, and an awesome silent auction is going on right now.  If you love old school pro sports stars, then you need to bid on some of the stuff at the auction.  You can read more about the scholarship fund, the auction, and the school at http://www.ngngo.org/.   Only you can't bid on the autographed Bob Greise football card.  It's mine.

No comments: