Friday, May 20, 2011

Flashback Friday

The Superelastic-Bubbleplastic was just one more in a long line of toys that I just HAD to have when I was a kid but yet I never had any luck with using it. 

You got a tube of the plastic goo, about the size of a tube of toothpaste, and a hard plastic straw.  You would squeeze out a little blog of the plastic goo, excuse me, Superelastic-Bubbleplastic, on the end of the straw and you'd blow and make a big bubble.  That was how it was supposed to go, anyway.  But I digress.
The bubbles were more durable than regular bubbles from the little plastic bottle and ring, but not as durable as a balloon; meaning, even after all of your hard efforts of blowing up the bubble, it would still pop fairly easily.

They didn't have Superelastic-Bubbleplastic on the market very long, after discovering that kids would get a major buzz if they inhaled on the straw instead of exhaling, so it was pulled from the stores.  It's a good thing. I never liked it anyway.

No comments: