Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday Updates

We're proud to report that the garden has been planted at The Compound.  Some friends of the family are sharing in the gardening planting and picking, and I'm happy to say that they planted not one but two long rows of collard greens just for me.

The majority of our spring cleaning at The Compound has been completed, just in time for the arrival of The Cousin From Alabama, who drove up yesterday for a week-long visit.

A faithful reader sent me a note the other week, asking how the old Beemer is doing.  I'm happy to report the BMW is still running great, and as of this weekend, has no new major leaks. But with gas being over $4 a gallon right now, I don't expect the BMW to be making any big road trips anytime soon. 

The only lingering ailment/injury I have is still some soreness in the broken little toe.  But I still keep it taped up to the toe next to it and go on about my business with no problems.

Last but certainly not least, I only work Monday and Tuesday of this coming week, and will thoroughly enjoy a mini-vacation.

No comments: