Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Injury Report

With the flooding and other things going on, I've been remiss in reporting some unique injuries/health issues I have right now.  Let's go over them, shall we:

1.  One night last week, I'm about 99% sure I broke the little toe on my right foot .  I hit it on a shoe that I had left in the hallway, so it's my own fault for being clumsy. It's been almost a week, and it's still a bit swollen and bruised, but at least I can walk. Which is a good thing because . . .

2.  . . . Monday morning, I stepped on something tiny that either impaled or is still stuck in my left foot.  Once again, it's my own fault for not wearing my houseshoes.  I got a tube of drawing salve and applied some last night before I went to bed, and the little spot has become more noticable.  I'm going to use the salve again tonight, and exploratory surgery might be in the forecast for tomorrow morning.

3. Yesterday during lunch, I burned the ring finger on my left hand while trying to get a piece of fish out of the toaster oven at work.  Once again, it's my own fault; I should have used the oven mit that we keep hanging by the oven. It didn't make a very big blister, but it's still annoying.

No comments: