Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tornado Tuesday

If you were anywhere within a 200 mile radius of Louisville this morning between breakfast and lunch, then chances are you experienced Tornado Tuesday. Here in the 'Ville, the civil defense sirens started going off a little after 11:00 to let warn everyone of a tornado warning for the area. Thank the Lord none formed nor touched down, but it was pretty wild for the 45 minutes that my coworkers and I were huddled in the inner hallways and bathrooms of the first floor of our office. I'm proud to say that nobody freaked out, and things went smoothe. I did learn some things that will help me make my little department better equipped and prepared.

I'm going to buy a portable digital TV to keep at work, and more importantly I will make a point of keeping it fully charged at all times. Today during the storm, the only news and information we were getting was from a local AM radio channel that we could get on an iPhone thanks to the iHeart Radio app. I want to stay informed.

No comments: