Friday, October 29, 2010

Flashback Friday

Today was the day when coworkers' kids and grandkids come by in their Halloween costumes and trick-or-treat the offices and cubicles. It's truly one of our favorite days of the year. But I digress. One of the guys in my department had his mother-in-law bring his two kids by this afternoon, and we while we were chatting with his two kids, I was happy to find out that some things never change. I asked his kids about their candy, and yep, kids still sort out their Halloween candy.

It was usually time for bed by the time I got done trick-or-treating, but the next day as soon as I got home from school I would dump out all of my candy and sort it all. The first sort was to weed out the candy I didn't like. That went into a separate container for the family to eat. Then the real sorting began. Candy bars in one pile, suckers in another, gum in another, etc etc. The sorting wasn't all in vain; I would get plastic bags to put the candy in them so I could keep them all separated. It wasn't me being OCD as a kid; it was merely for order. I wanted the candy sorted and separated so I wouldn't have to rummage through my big plastic pumpkin to find what I was looking for.

1 comment:

Toots said...

During the sort, the girls from the neighborhood also did the trade!