Friday, October 22, 2010

Flashback Friday

A dear friend from South Carolina called last to chat and catch up, and during our conversation we talked about Gram. We both found it hard to believe that it's been 11 years this week that she died. It wasn't a sad conversation - we both laughed as we told our favorite Grandma stories. After my friend called last night, I didn't think anymore about it until today at work, when three friends called me to say they were thinking of me as they too reminisced about Gram today. That made me feel so awesome that others still keep her memory alive.

As I drove home from work today, I could just hear Grandma on the phone saying "Make sure to get onion rings when you pick up our fish tonight." We ate an order of rings in your memory tonight, Gram. And they were good.

No comments: