Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dear Fall:

Dear Fall:

Thank you very much for visiting us this year. It seems for the past few years we haven't been able to spend very much time with you. Your friend Summer usually makes a quick exit followed on the heels of your friend Winter. But this year, we've been able to spend some time with you.

You've been a bit warmer than I would like, but I haven't complained. I've just kept the air conditioner on in the car and at home. And I'm so thankful you haven't been too cool; I don't think I could handle having the furnace on at home right now. Just keep up the temps in the upper 70's for a few more weeks and we'll get along fine.

You've been awesome in keeping us from having to have the grass cut here at The Compound for the past two months. We can't thank you enough. And you've also been very kind to keep your leaves from falling all at once. Once again, we can't thank you enough for that.

We hope that you can stay with us for at least another month or so before your friend Winter shows up. But just between you and me, I've always had a major crush on Winter. And with as much as I love the cold, I think Winter and I will always have a love affair.

Thanks again for visiting with us a lot this year. And as much as I'd love to see your friend Winter, I do hope that you can stick around for a while longer.

Love,
Puddin

No comments: