Thursday, October 28, 2010

Brrrrrr

I've said it before and I'll say it again - when I say it's cold/cool, you know it's cold/cool. And it's cool. I left for work this a.m. wearing a long sleeved shirt, thinking it would be enough. By the time I got home 30 minutes ago I was cold.

I met a friend downtown on Fourth Street Live after work, and as soon as I parked the car and got out, I could feel the chill. I was very ashamed to admit to myself that I was unprepared and didn't have a jacket with me. But I persevered. Needless to say I didn't stay very long to partake in the festivities - a concert by a C list up-and-coming country singer - but I did walk and stand around for a while.

I guess I'll have to cave in and go down to the basement now and bring up one of my warmer, heavier jackets, because the forecasted temp for going-to-work time tomorrow a.m. is in the low 30's. Maybe I can get by with a long-sleeved t-shirt and one of my down vests.

No comments: