Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Want A New Drug . . . Test

When I walked to the lunchroom at work yesterday morning to put my lunch in the crammed-full refrigerator, I noticed a nurse was sitting at one of the tables in the lunchroom, with a bunch of stuff spread out on the table in front of her. I knew that our company-sponsored flu shots weren't until today, but then I saw the familiar "lottery" cards that us employees get when it's our time for a drug test. I was caught off guard - usually the nurse is out in the hallway at a small table by the mens and womens bathrooms, but today she was in the lunchroom. Of course I had to ask what was going on. She explained that they no longer used the urine analysis tests, where we all had to pee in a cup, and instead now they swab the insides of the employees' mouths. She said that it was more "effective." It looked like something from a "CSI" episode where the investigators were swabbing for DNA samples. Anyhoo, it was quite the topic of conversation yesterday and today.

No comments: