Friday, October 15, 2010

Flashback Friday


My Grandpa's sister, Aunt Maimie, and her husband, Uncle Lon, lived about five minutes from us out in Valley Station. Whenever we would go visit, they would continue with Grandma and Grandpa's trend of spoiling me. While the adults would drink coffee or sip on some of Uncle Lon's homemade wine, Aunt Maimie would always have Orange Crush (in the old school brown bottles, of course) and a can of Underwood Deviled Ham and some saltine crackers for me to snack on while I watched TV in the den. Sometimes she would alternate and give me a little can of potted meat, but most of the times, it was Underwood Deviled Ham. To me, that was one of the most awesome treats.

This week, I tried to travel back to my childhood and had a can of deviled ham for lunch. I shared it with my coworker, friend and faithful reader SH, who shared her own story of how the Deviled Ham was a major treat when she was a kid. Lo and behold, we both thought it tasted the same as it did when we were a kid. At least that hadn't changed.

No comments: