Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

I spent the majority of my Saturday off working on my final exam for this class. Yep. While family, neighbors and friends were outside enjoying the awesome sunny, not-too-hot, fall weather we had today I was inside studying. I'm happy to report that as of about five minutes ago, my work for this class is officially over. Actually, the class does not officially end until noon tomorrow, but I completed and turned in my final exam, took my last weekly test, and posted the last of my comments on the discussion boards. I have a day to rest and then the next class starts on Monday. But as of right now, faithful readers, the end is in deed in sight. My next class is one I've been looking forward to - Terrorism and Extremist Behavior. But after the Terrorism class, there will only be one more to take and then I will be finished and will be the recipient of my second Masters Degree.

As you know from previous posts, this class was very overwhelming and stressful. In fact, it caused me to have my very first anxiety attack. But it's over, and I've learned a few things from this stressful class. The biggest lesson I learned was that I need to pace myself and not try to do too much. On Monday when the new class starts, I'm going to print out the calendar for the class and will pace myself and do a little bit each day. This new class doesn't have a midterm or final exam, thank goodness, but in place of the exams there will be two research papers. So now you see the need to pace myself. The next lesson, and probably the biggest, I learned is that this Masters degree program is supposed to be no-pressure; I did it one time already, and this second was is supposed to be for ME. I just have to keep remembering that.

No comments: