Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday, Monday

It was a rough Monday, faithful readers. It was back to work after a week off. But I was almost ready to get back - the 'Rents and I did so much running around last week that I needed to get back to work so I could get some rest. But don't tell my boss I said that.

The main reason it was rough was thinking about my friend and coworker Dave who was killed Friday night. When I had to make a trip out to the plant today, I purposely took the long way around to where I needed to go so I wouldn't have to pass by the area back in the corner where Dave worked. Every person I passed in the hallways in the office and out in the plant stopped and we shared our disbelief and our grief. You might think you've seen it all, but there's nothing that stabs you right in the gut like having a big ol' burly factory worker stop yout and give you a hug and you notice tears running down his cheeks.

No comments: