Friday, May 5, 2006

This Day In Music History

Today is a very important day to me and my fellow Diva Stacy.  Yes, it's Cinco De Mayo, independance day for our amigos south of the border.  And yes, it's also Derby Eve, an eve second only to Christmas eve here in the 'Ville.  But today is another historic day.  It is the day that The First Lady Of Country Music, Miss Tammy Wynette, was born. 

Tammy Wynette was born on this day in 1942, and would have been 64 years old today.  But she left us when she was just a month shy of her 55th birthday.  While we're sure her birthday will never become a national holiday, we decided that from today on, we will celebrate her birthday every year that we're able.  In typical Diva fashion, we celebrated the birthday of The First Lady Of Country Music today.  The celebration was complete with bubbly and gifts.  I took pictures of the birthday celebration today on the camera on my new cell phone but I can't figure out how to get them from the phone to the computer.  When I finally get it figured out, I'll post a picture from the event. 

 

No comments: